Saturday, December 8, 2012

So This Is Skirting?

So this is what skirting is or table skirting in formal HRM term. My youngest sister talked to me about their skirting competition in school. I didn't mind it at first for I didn't know what it was about until she showed me these photos.

Doing the table skirting.

It was said their class was divided into groups for the table skirting competition. There were about ten groups I think. Cheep's group landed on the fifth place after the competition. She was kind of sad about it but I knew she did her best. For me, their group is the winner. 

After all the hard work they did as a group, here's the result. 

To have an elegant table set-up, table skirting is one way to present it. Now I know that skirting plays a major role in parties and in special occasions like birthdays and weddings. Without this elegant way of table setting, parties will be dull. It is definitely one of the most important techniques an HRM student must learn.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is skirting! Pretty neat, huh? That's one of the skills that HRM students are so good at. :)

    BPC hop, gwaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! nindot man oi...ganahan pud ko sa color.

    from BPC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that is a beautiful design of table skirting Sis Chie :-) I love the colors too :-) I am sure your sister did her best and the group :-) Thank you Sis Chie for sharing your pictures to BPC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not really that creative and patient to do that skirting thing.. but I always admire people who do! Great job, guys! here for bpc..

    ReplyDelete
  5. daku ug gasto ning HRM. my sister tok this course for couple of years and decided to quit college and transferred to CDO and took tourism. anyway, nindot ni ky ready for hotel position job

    ReplyDelete
  6. nc and very beautiful what a Great job..i want to learn how to make that one also.!.!@>?:_
    Thank you for sharing your pictures
    from ctu danao bshm cebu city

    marvz

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a nc photos>:) ilove it.!! i want to learn also about table skirting...thank you for sharing youre photos.:!_) bshm ctu danao.1:P_)

    marvz

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice man sya but try to combine basic designs like tulip escallope pleats, pleated pleats, diamond, balls, butterfly and many more :-)

    ReplyDelete

(c) Copyright 2011 Scrappy Me | Layout Design by Chie Wilks