GT: Grocery Aisle

Aside from being a good wife, grocery shopping is the next duty I have to take care of. This time that hubby is not here, I have to budget the grocery money wisely and responsibly for I can't call him anytime whenever I am short of cash. That's why I always bring a pocket calculator with me inside the grocery store. 

When in a grocery store, as much as possible I would shop enough groceries that last for a month for me and my two siblings. I go for necessary things first like canned and noodles that I usually cook for breakfast. I make sure I get cereals and oatmeal too for the lazy days when I don't feel like cooking in the early morning. Of course morning hot drinks should be present too like coffee and mate (mostly I consume alone in a month), chocolate drink and milk for my siblings.  For munchies, I usually get crackers (Hi-ro and sky flakes) and some chips.  The meat would be picked at the wet market. I already learned a lesson from getting meat inside the grocery store's meat section.

Comments

  1. ahhaha natwa nmn ako sis sa pocket calcu...:)) ako cellphone n lng gamit pero d nko nag co compute....mine is in me, myself n jes blog..kaso mali ako..nabasa ko kasi sa isang blog post shopoholic kaya akala ko about shopping lang...d ko na maiba kasi may opp sya kasama LOL nweis have a nice day! hope to see you in my site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skyflakes really is an all-time favorite crackers... =)

    Oh! A lesson? I'm intrigued.. what happened in the meat section?

    Hoping you could drop by my blog and read my entry, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pareho tayo girl kakambal ko din ang calculator hehehe at saka nililista ko din lahat ng expenses so to know kung saan napunta ang pera ko, at alam ko rin kung magkano talaga expenses kor for a month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ay anong nangyari sa meat na galign sa grocery store? bulok ba?

    I also have a budget for our groceries every week. Kapag naubos na yun, mag wait na lang ako for next week to spend more, kasi kapag di na watch ang budget, ubos ang pera di ba??

    http://www.wrozlie.com/2010/11/gt-shopping-galore.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also get meat from the wet market..

    ReplyDelete
  6. skyflakes ska un chocolate chips, di nwwala sa cart, sarap nman kz sa kape nyang skyflakes e.

    u know what happened when i did buy chicken meat at the supermarket? it's not as fresh as the ones in the wet market. i never did try buying meat again except for hotdogs:)))

    http://clarizze.blogspot.com/2010/11/girls-talk-grocery-shopping.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i hope my comment was posted. my net hang up!

    http://clarizze.blogspot.com/2010/11/girls-talk-grocery-shopping.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to do grocery shopping that is good for one month, but that didn't do well with me. Fruits, meats and vegetables just can't stay fresh in a month. They need to be replenished twice a month at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiro is our choice of biscuit nowadays ;)

    and like you, we always get our meat at the wet market too. fresher and cheaper there ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts