Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Story Behind My Wedding Gown

Do you have any idea how many days the designers or the makers made this gown? You might be thinking a month, two or three weeks, or a couple of months perhaps. Well, I am telling you, this gown that I wear on that very special day of my life was made within 48 hours ONLY. Rush. I am still thankful to the Socorro Bridal Gown Boutique here in Dipolog City for accepting that “48-Hour” rush for a very low price.

My husband was the one who chose the design of the gown for me. He was very particular on the gown details from the cloth to the beadings, the fit and the cut, the length and flow of the tail, everything. He even suggested and kept reminding the planner to tell the designer to use corset. Two days before the wedding, hubby and I were too excited that we didn’t help but gave a surprise visit to wedding planner to take a look at my wedding gown before I wear it since she was texting that everything’s ready. To our dismay, the bridal gown that we were expecting was not the gown we saw and I tell you we didn’t like the gown that was displayed before our eyes. The gown was really, really, really unpleasant for the price we paid. The wedding planner had her own plan on the gown and not abiding with what we wanted. She was making her own design because her, herself was the one making the gown which we didn’t know. She is a planner and not a designer. She is supposed to be getting the details and hand it over to the real designer. What the heck. We were so frustrated because everything was not really ready even the wedding favors. So right then and there, we cancelled the business with her. At that time we were not thinking about the money we wasted, we were thinking of getting everything ready even if it means starting the planning and paying all over again. Good thing, somebody helped us and set everything ready within 48 HOURS including my wedding gown. We were so glad that the Socorro Bridal Gown boutique accepted the work. We were lucky after all. So, hubby picked a new dream wedding gown for me again....and it came true.

So, to those who are planning to get married, you should have plenty of time doing the planning and don’t rely and trust too much to the planners especially if you they are not known. From to time to time you should check everything to avoid problems like ours.

1 comment:

  1. So that's the story behind your wedding gown. Ako, i have nothing to share coz never had a chance to wear a wedding gown! I had a garden wedding kasi but just incase na ikakasal ako uli mag wedding dress jud ko...hehehe

    ReplyDelete

(c) Copyright 2011 Scrappy Me | Layout Design by Chie Wilks